- Search web for "hadoop and .ac.uk"
- Search markmail.org for "list:hadoop .ac.uk"
Search LinkedIn for keyword hadoop in research or higher education sector and located in UK
- Ask Steve Loughran at HP
Academic Projects and Contacts
High-Energy Physics , University of Bristol, http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/BristolHadoopWorkshop
- Simon Metson
Terrier Project: http://ir.dcs.gla.ac.uk/terrier/
"Right now we are gearing-up to doing large-scale sentiment / news classification / information extraction using a feed of 10 - 50 k blog posts an hour. This will be a good test for Hadoop and randomised approaches. " - http://www.iccs.inf.ed.ac.uk/~miles
Miles Osborne miles @ inf.ed.ac.uk http://www.inf.ed.ac.uk/people/staff/Miles_Osborne.html
Phil Trinder, http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/~trinder/
- Robert Burrell Donkin
Other interesting resources
Hadoop And Universities - http://www.slideshare.net/steve_l/hadoop-and-universities
Projects identified via the eIUS/ e-Uptake/ Engage route
* SAGA (simple API for Grid Applications)
- Shantenu Jha, Louisiana State University/ e‐Science Institute Edinburgh/ UCL
- "OMIISAGA‐II Mission Statement: The overall goal of this effort is to make SAGA in its enhanced form available to the wider UK e‐Science application and development community, as a vehicle for providing legacy applications with new usage modes to utilize distributed infrastructure; to stimulate the development of new applications that target distributed execution platform explicitly; and to provide a balanced cyberinfrastructure from the perspective of broad‐range of scientific applications"